Remote Air Sampling for Canine Olfaction
RASCargO™, an innovative cargo screening system,
is the perfect solution for cargo security clearance
and for fighting contraband smuggling
Regulated in Europe as Remote Explosive Scent Tracing (a.k.a REST)
RASCargO™ is a commercially available cargo screening technology that utilizes Remote Air Sampling for Canine Olfaction (RASCO – aka REST, in the EU).
The technique has screened over 100,000 trucks and pallets and over 1.5 million metric tons of air cargo since live operations began in the UK and France.
The RASCargO™ technique was specially developed to serve the mass-screening cargo market that requires a solution for screening high volumes of dense cargo, with actually, no cargo size limitation, a solution that combines high detection rate with cost effectiveness.
The RASCargO™ system is based on a two stage process:
|1. Volatile materials such as explosives, narcotics etc, are identified from closed volumes, through air drawing and are then captured on a specially designed filter.|
|2. The filter is then presented for analysis and detection by specially and highly trained dogs.|
Trucks, pallets and containers screening for explosives and drugs
- Specially conceived for huge volumes of merchandise
- Screening ability for up to 40 trucks per hour
- Tested and approved by a range of European regulators
- Operational at various European airports, widely used by Air France and several other airlines
- Cost-efficient, thanks to our pay-per-use business model
- A decision is taken according to a matrix based on analyses of two dogs, this leads to high detection rates and low false alarms
- Provides better security and operational efficiency
RASCargO units have screened over 100,000 trucks and pallets and over 1.5 million metric tons of cargo since live operations began in the UK and France
The main advantages of RASCargO include:
- High detection rate
- Low false alarm rate (1-2%) for resolved alarms.
- High throughput. Hourly throughput is >40 filters for 2 dogs, and annual throughput is estimated at 750,000 metric tons for 8 dogs if truck screening is conducted.
- Enhanced screening capabilities. There are no physical restrictions on size of item or volume of container associated with the RASCargO technique. RASCargO can screen all cargo types including small items, large items such as containers and trucks, and outsized and oddly shaped articles that are typically difficult to screen using X-ray (dense, cluttered, outsized and high water content cargoes).
- Non-intrusive. No need to open the pallet/container/truck.
- Efficiency. There is no need to break down cargo.
- Mobility: samples can be taken from the skid/pallet without the need to move it.
- Low energy consumption
- Cost effectiveness.
- The technique has screened over 100,000 trucks and pallets and over 1.5 million metric tons of air cargo since live operations began in the UK and France.