DiagNose is ready for the new EU Standards of Doc 5211
Tomorrow, the 29th of April 2010, the new European legislation on the use of explosive detection dogs for cargo screening enters into effect.
The new regulation sets the standards of use of explosive detection dogs, which enables users in the cargo industry – airlines, cargo handlers and forwarders, to use EDDs with some real added value in most cargo screening scenarios.
This document is aimed at summarizing the fields of cargo screening in which the use of dogs is permitted, under the standards being set by the EU in the EU Avsec doc 5211.
The document defines two main cargo screening methods using dogs:
- Free-running dogs, also known as “conventional detection dogs”
- “REST”, which stands for Remote Explosive Scent Tracing.
Such a system is operated by DiagNose under the commercial name of “RASCargO”.
Since DiagNose has been providing services by using both of these methods over the past five years, we will be very happy to assist any organization in setting up the infrastructure for meeting those standards and/or to operate a screening service in strict respect of the new standards.
- Explosive Detection Dogs
- RASCargO™ Services at Israeli Border Crossings Points
- Sniffer dogs for sale – availability
- DiagNose Sponsored the AVSEC Conference in Hong Kong
- Meet DiagNose at the International AVSEC Conference in Hong Kong
- DiagNose RASCargO™ system clears first cargo shipments at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- Watch Our Explosives Detection Dogs Video